28 December 2011

Wedding Wednesday - Wagner-Hensgen 1836 Bliesbrucken Sarreguemines France

This is an official copy (1844) of the original marriage certificate of Jean Frederick WAGNER and Ann Eve HENSGEN. They were married in a civil service on  February 4, 1836 in the city of Bliesbrucken, Sarreguemines, France. Jean Frederick was 30 and his new wife 28.



The documents are 'wrinkled' because at some point in time they were covered in cellophane, most likely in an effort to protect them. Unfortunately, the cellophane contracts and expands with temperature changes and has caused the documents to crinkle. 


Jean Frederick and Ann Eve are my 3rd great grandparents. I have, since I was a young adult, had a love affair with all things French, and consider myself a Francophile. This explains so much!


(Original documents courtesy of Nancy Wersel Rybolt).

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog!