20 December 2011

Tombstone Tuesday - Some are just too cool not to share

This monument is in the same cemetery as my Wersel/Burch family - The Maineville Cemetery in Maineville, OH. We wandered around because I saw headstones that appeared to be older, and indeed, many around this stone date to the 1830s. I was fascinated by the uniqueness of the headstones nearby; many of them had interesting inscriptions:


If you're ever near Maineville, I recommend a stroll through this very interesting cemetery.

1 comment:

  1. So what did the inscriptions say? The modern ones can be pretty cool, but the older tombstones are fascinating as well. With some of them being a century old, the words or drawings carved on the stone create a picture of a time before ours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog!