24 October 2011

Amanuensis Monday - Letter to George Jeffrey 1889


Waubano August 23 1889


Dear George


I received your letter and was glad to hear from you and that you were all well as this leaves us the same I was pleased to hear that you will be home John will meet you at Courtright as he says it will be handier for him than Sarnia you can send word when you will be and what time to meet whether by boat or train I'll not expect to hear from you till you write when you will be  love to all from your Mother






Letter from Margaret Nicol Jeffrey to her son George Jeffrey, my great grandfather. This letter helped uncovered the fact my grandmother's family did not immigrate directly to the United States, but rather spent several generations in Canada before my great grandfather settled in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog!